Re: Empty Power panel in System Settings

On 09/12/2011 04:21 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
As others have said, I wish design had its own mailing list where I
could ask questions like this&  not "spam" the whole developer list. I
don't think opening a bug is a good idea when the solution isn't clear
and using IRC for decision making (especially without IRC logs)
excludes those who can't participate in real time during the
European/American workday.
I've been going back and forth on this, but I'm still not sure I think a dedicated list is the best approach. For this specific issue, I think gnomecc-list [1] would be a better fit, where both control center maintainers [2] and designers interested in control center panels are subscribed. Important design discussions for certain modules should ideally mostly happen on the module specific mailing list and in bugzilla. Having a dedicated list would basically end up being a cabal (if invite only) or having everyone on it (so it would basically end up being this list). We need to make sure that we pick an approach that scales.