Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Ionut Biru <ionut archlinux ro> wrote:
[snip]
>> In my opinion this survey should be published after gnome 3.2 is presented
>> to a larger audience, now that ubuntu 11.10 is going to have it, opensuse
>> 12.1
>
> That would be what? December? I think that's too far, perhaps for the
> 2012 survey.

Why does the survey *have* to be done *right now* at all?

I thought the primary aim of this survey was to give useful feedback
which would be used to improve GNOME. The first step in evaluating
software is to use the latest version — there's no use asking people
for feedback about GNOME 3.0 when 3.2 is coming out in a week.

There's been a lot of work done to improve GNOME 3 over the last 6
months. A lot of the complaints of GNOME 3.0 have been already
addressed. Why not just do it after (even more!) distros ship GNOME
3.2?

Cheers,

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan