Re: Splitting gnome-utils for 3.4

Hi Cosimo,

I am fine with the module split as long as the release team is okay with having to generate some more tar balls. Have they been asked?

Thanks,
Dennis

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 19:51 -0700, Dennis Cranston (Yahoo!) wrote:
> Hi Cosimo,
>
> With the resources available to help on gnome-utils, it seems
> easier to continue releasing one tarball.  Otherwise, we need to
> determine who will step up and handle releases of the disk
> usage analyzer, gnome-screenshot, font-viewer, gnome-dictionary,
>
> gnome-system-log, and gnome-search-tool tarballs.  Sorry, I do not
> have the bandwidth these days to do gnome-search-tool releases.

Hi Dennis,

I plan to assign maintainership of each of the "new" modules to the
relevant maintainers as listed here basically [1].
Tarballs are usually not a problem, and release-team members always
stepped up and rolled tarballs when the maintainer wasn't available and
a new release was needed.

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-utils/tree/MAINTAINERS

Thanks,
Cosimo