From here to apps

Hey,

New apps are being designed on https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/ and
it's really nice, we are getting Contacts and Documents on our
computers in 3.2. Those days I am wondering about apps that are in
domain spaces where we already have good applications, this is
prompted by a comment from David Nielsen on the Music page:

   The design so far looks some what like what Banshee has shipped for
   a long time for MeeGo and I would suggest using that as a start off
   point. Upstream already has a solid media management experience
   that is well deployed and tested. Adoption of GNOME3 technology is
   ongoing and the design of Banshee allows for easily experimenting
   with new UIs such as this one.

There's Music (and we also have Rhythmbox in that space), but this is
for example also the case for Photos (Shotwell?) and Boxes (Vinagre?
virt-manager?).

Speaking of Vinagre, it even has "Implement some of the ideas from
GNOME desktop sharing/virtualisation design mockups" on its roadmap
for 3.4 (see <https://live.gnome.org/Vinagre/RoadMap>).

So, is there anything we could do to get to the new apps faster,
accompanying existing apps to their bright future, benefiting from
their experiences?  Should we encourage specific apps authors to join
#gnome-design? What kind of place can we create for existing
applications willing to go the "GNOME App" path?

        Fred