Re: Feature Proposal: Accessibility on by default

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 18:33 +0200, Piñeiro wrote:

> No, but as I mentioned in my original mail, it is not clear how to
> implement it.

I'm not talking about the implementation details of the toggling
of the switch, but rather the fallout on the rest of the stack.

For example, (and I am working from outdated knowledge here admittedly)
it was my understanding that at one point in time, turning on a11y
drastically impacted Firefox rendering speed.  More that kind of thing -
what impact on application performance, on login time, on memory usage,
etc.?  Granted, this is kind of a tough question to answer without a
GNOME equivalent to something like:
http://graphs-new.mozilla.org/graph.html#tests=[[83,1,14]]&sel=none&displayrange=7&datatype=running

I suppose your proposed plan of "try it and see what happens" is
about the best we can currently do given the state of our current
technology, but I was wondering if you had any idea of what the
results might be.