Re: Compiling glib applications

On 10/08/12 13:32, Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 09:38 +0200, Lanoxx wrote:
On 09/08/12 23:13, Colin Walters wrote:
On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 23:04 +0200, Lanoxx wrote:
Right, I splitted that up, while I was figuring out why I was getting a
link error.
Patches?? On the desktop *development* list?  What's going on???
Whats wrong with that, and where should I send it instead?
Yeah, it was a joke =)
Alright :)
Yes, I thought that was clear, since I had replyed to the thread
discussing this problem.
It's important to have information like this in the commit message too,
so someone reading "git log" can see it too.
I will keep that in mind.
I do not know how to compile the documentation and view the result, so
this was a bit of a blind shot. If you could show me howto generate
the html, then I will do better next time.
You can use jhbuild to compile GLib:
https://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
Last time (about a year or more ago), when I used jhbuild, it was quite messy and pulled in hundreds of libraries etc. and I got endless list of errors about stuff that was missing. After that I have never used it again. Isnt it possible to just compile the documentation with make?

Something like:
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-html-dir=html
./make sgml
./make html

If I understand the readme correctly that should work, but it doesnt.