Re: avoid to select between different proxies

Le vendredi 10 août 2012 à 19:46 +0200, Blackhold a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm using gnome2 and tested gnome3, but I miss a very important thing.
>
> in gnome 2 you could have a list of proxies, but in gnome 3 you can

That is unclear to me how you could have that in gnome2. Gnome 3 should
behave the same as Gnome 2 in term of proxy logic. There might be a bug
in the new proxy code now in glib-networking library. Would be nice to
provide with full scenario.

> only select 1. This is useful if you are working between different
> proxies, in the new way I have to have a text document saved anywhere
> with the common proxies I use.

For more complex proxy settings, I usually recommend using an JavaScript
PAC file**. In your gnome setting, choose automatic, set an URI like
file:///home/me/my.pac . With a PAC file you can do a lot more, like
choosing proxies base on domain, or current subnet, etc.

** See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config.

cheers,
Nicolas