Re: GNOME 3.6 Blocker Report

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 12:17 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le 21/08/2012 12:09, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> the concerns I
> raised during GUADEC still stand: it's getting really late in the cycle,
> gstreamer 1.0 is still not out,  we still didn't get testing for most of
> the components with gstreamer 1.0

0.11.9x is very API-stable. AFAICS, affected modules have been
identified and notified.
Ideally porting to 0.11/1.0 begins before 1.0 so both parties receive
testing and feedback. A bunch of applications have been ported already
and can get testing.

>  and it still looks like it will be
> hard to get a fully ported install of distribution one gstreamer1.0 (or
> you consider likely that e.g rhythmbox and shotwell will be ported as well)

I wouldn't block the transition in GNOME core until most applications
out there have been ported.
To pick up your examples, Shotwell developers seem to target Shotwell
0.14 for it, and Rhythmbox has a branch (work in progress).
It's up to maintainers, and I guess that contributions and help are
welcome if porting certain applications has a higher priority for you.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper