libgnomekbd: dead man walking

Hi ppl

With the recent developments related to input methods, libgnomekbd is
effectively redundant. The only useful bit remaining is the layout
preview widget. IMNSHO those bits can be quickly integrated into g-c-c
without breaking things. I am not aware of any other project that
would use libgnomekbd. If you know about such dependency - please
please raise your voice!!!

I discussed that with Rui, he generally agrees but there is valid
concern about dependencies.

The code will say in git (master and 3.4 branch), I just think the
library should not be a part of 3.6 release - and there will be no
further development.

Anyone has any comments? Technically that should be a very cheap operation.

Sergey

PS libxklavier remains to be maintained, I know some people are using it