Re: Bugzilla upgrade? [was: Re: GNOME Bugmail: Gmail threading finally working!]

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 06:33:17PM +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 18:10 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > That is why there is a GNOME extension as well.
>
> Then there's likely missing documentation about dependencies.
> Currently no README file in the "Browse" extension would even tell you
> that it comes from "GNOME". Hence non-insiders wouldn't know that the
> "GNOME extension" is needed.

There were 3+ months between writing these extensions and getting my
Mozilla bzr account reactivated. I lost interest somewhere in those 3
months. Eventually I wanted to go at it again, but my machine at home is
not quick enough to handle a full GNOME Bugzilla database conversion
from 3.4 to 4.2 (OOM after 24+ hours; from previous upgrades I know I'll
test the conversion many many times). Coupled with the various lack of
RHEL licenses to create VMs @ GNOME, inability to create VMs myself,
etc.

My main focus with these extensions was bugzilla.gnome.org. That they
might not work on other installations is on the todo list, but patches
welcome.. should not be difficult.

Bugzilla 4.4 meanwhile is either out or almost out, so more work to see
what changed for extensions.

I'm planning to buy a new machine with loads more memory, but to be
honest there are so many things which go wrong every time, it is not
something which I often thing as something nice.

--
Regards,
Olav