Re: build.gnome.org

Exactly, often a module was "red" because it needed a "git clean", for a missing dependency, or because the moduleset wasn't updated to include a newer version of a dependency.

It also used to happen (but it might be fixed now) that tarball updates weren't handled properly by the bot, so you would need to update the moduleset and restart it manually to pick up the newer tarball (which generates a bit more trouble/false positives for dependencies sometimes).

Finally, when a new module was added to the moduleset (usually a new dependency), the build.gnome.org master instance itself needed a manual restart to get the change propagated to the build slaves, and this required pinging people with a SSH access to the server to do it.

Cosimo

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 18:12 +0100, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> Maintaining the Debian jhbuild server running was quite a bit of
> manual work for no clear benefit, so I turned it off at some point
> this fall.

Out of interest, what kind of manual work did you have to do to keep the
server running? Was it a result of bugs in projects’ build systems (e.g.
missing dependencies, incomplete cleanups)?

Philip