Re: API documentation from introspection data

On 01/13/2012 02:17 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a bit less than a month from now there will be a hackfest on
> documentation in Brno [0]. Has anybody done any further work since
> Berlin in generating API documentation in the Mallard format from the
> GIR files?
>
> I plan to spend my time there on this, so would be great if I can
> avoid stepping on other people's toes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu
>
> [0] https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/BrnoDocs2012
Just one thought. If people work on a next generation doc tool to take
over from gtk-doc, please consider to do it without docbook xml at all.
Just go from an intermediate representation to html *without* xslt.
libxslt is literally dead and other processors are even slower. Having a
faster way to generate the api docs would be great and ensure that not
most developers build with --disable-gtkdoc and then later wonder why
the docs are in such a bad shape.

Stefan