Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

On 01/20/2012 03:06 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:23 +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:

>>> I guess we need to review, expand and announce the following again:
>>> https://live.gnome.org/PortabilityMatrix
>>>

>> I don't want to sound picky, but since when SystemD is a blessed dependency?
>
> It's an external dependency, since we discussed it in spring 2011, in
> this thread:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-May/msg00427.html

I know the discussion and if I'm not wrong, the overall conclusion was a
big no no no to systemd.

Also Lennart promised that providers can be used standalone and
absolutely no effort was made to ensure that and packaging separately
will require some hacking to the build systems.

--
Ionuț