Re: udisks2 [WAS: Re: datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism]

Hi David,

Am 21. Januar 2012 19:33 schrieb David Zeuthen <zeuthen gmail com>:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of udisks, gnome-disk-utility has now been switched to use
>> udisks2;
>
> Note that distributors are free to continue using the old udisks1 (and
> udisks2 is parallel installable with udisks1) with gnome-disk-utility
> 3.2.x series as long as they want.

Seing that KDE still uses udisks1, I'm wondering what happens if one
compiles gdu/gvfs against udisks2 and starts a KDE app within GNOME. I
assume this will fire up udisks-daemon 1 and so both udisks-daemon 1
and 2 are running at the same time. Will they step on each others toes
in this case?

What is your plan for Fedora (given that you also have a KDE spin).
Will you ship both udisks versions in the archive? udisks2 for GNOME
3.4 and udisks1 for KDE?

Do you know of any efforts of getting KDE/Solid ported to udisks2?

>> @David: could you confirm this? And do you have any ETA for a udisks2
>> tarball?
>
> There is one at http://udisks.freedesktop.org/releases/

How feature complete do you consider this 1.90.0 release? What is
missing compared to udisks1? Are any major disruptive changes still
planned before a 2.0 release?

Cheers and all the best,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?