Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

Em Sat, 2012-01-28 às 18:21 +0200, Ionut Biru escreveu:
> On 01/28/2012 05:31 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
<snip>
> > [1]: I'll repeat once again that Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE and Fedora were
> > the only supported distros in the old mechanism.
> >

> I keep seeing this. Add to the list Arch Linux as well.

No, it wasn't:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/tree/plugins/datetime?id=0912d3235db73a1e206dc2084fa3abccea6f8114

It couldn't read the status of the NTP usage, and it just happened to
work for setting the date and time. Nobody provided Arch Linux support
upstream. The timedated mechanism will work just as well on Arch Linux
as the old gsd used to.