Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

Le samedi 28 janvier 2012 à 12:54 -0500, Colin Walters a écrit :
> Anyways I don't think we're in violent disagreement here, and what I
> want to focus on is concrete actions.  Vincent, Michael, Milan, as the
> people who actually contributed code here - are you guys OK with the
> DBus backend work and/or future plans to use systemd?
(My contribution was only a few lines to add Debian support, and my
position doesn't reflect anything about Debian/Ubuntu since I don't
contribute to these projects directly.)

FWIW, I totally agree with your stance on this issue. The move towards
systemd or D-Bus interfaces for distributions that don't use it is a
great goal, but I think we'll all benefit from announcing better the
changes in requirements. We can only count on distributor's
responsibility to implement these interfaces if they are aware of this
need early enough in the cycle.

So now it's too late to do that, I'd say it's up to the distributors to
tell us whether they think it's possible to package the systemd tools in
time for 3.4.

My two cents