Re: GNOME and high-DPI screens

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On 4 July 2012 10:52, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> Best to give developers high DPI screens (not kidding).

From my experience working with hardware, I could not agree more. 10 x
$500 screens sent to a few GTK developers would result in several
hundred-man hours of work done on the high DPI issue, most likely at
weekends and after work. If any manufacturer wants to make this stuff
work, spending a few thousand dollars on several hundred man hours of
work is a no brainer. Anyone from Dell or HP listening? :)

We have contacts at companies like Dell and HP that we could ask.

Stormy

Richard.