Re: IM Integration: Let's demonstrate our languages in the Wiki

Hi Xiaojun

About IBus and Fcitx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The IMF I first used is SCIM, then IBus. IBus-pinyin sucked before
because it was slow and un-responsive. Now ibus-pinyin sucks less. The
IBus IM panel disappeared since GNOME3, which I think is not good.

I have not used Fcitx before. But I downloaded and tried Fcitx and
felt it quite usable (in the sense of responsiveness). Fcitx is more
traditional (in the sense that it resembles the good old IM softwares
in the M$ Windows OS) and surprises me less. But I don't think an IMF
using a config file written in Chinese (Fcitx) can be world-wide
acceptable.

Anyway I personally prefer IBus and I will stick to IBus in the future.

About what I am worried
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But what I really worried about is that GNOME3 will become the next
Ch*na C*mmun*st P**ty.

The party claims to be the representative of the "fundamental interest
of the majority"...
And GNOME3 wishes to create a desktop for everyone...

... so people have to sacrifice your own interest in favor for "the
public interest".
... so people don't have so many options because GNOME is not for tuners.

... and the cops demolished the old houses of the old residents in the
city center
... and Fcitx will be demolished....

... so that the city center may be an integral part of the business
district, ...
... so that the IM framework can be ... er ... integrated, ...

... which will improve the city's look and wealth (of course not the
poor people's).
... which will improve the desktop's usability (of course not the Fcitx users').

The country also say we do not have enough fund to support all poor people.
Our community also lack man power.

So a former president said we should let some people become rich (and
postpone the social fairness).
So can we do the same?

Much too similar, aren't they? But the GNOME community is way better.

Chinese students complained about the gov't 23 years ago on this
particular date (4 Jun) and ... they were slain (by that former
president).
But Chinese people complained on this mailing list without being banned. :)

I want to emphasize:

 * Options are important. There is no single solution that is perfect
for everyone. This is not only for the IM frameworks, but for every
aspect of GNOME.
 * If Fcitx is not to be the main IM framework, we should still leave
a possibility to run it, perhaps with quite some configurations. But
don't worry. Those who insist on running it know what they are doing,
or they just use the default. People worry if they cannot use Fcitx in
GNOME ever again.
* Those complainers are our friends. They are fighters for freedom.

About the Wiki

I am still expanding the Wiki article. I will try to be as
constructive as possible.

New page added:
https://live.gnome.org/Inputting/Inputting/Chinese/Example/SentenceWithEnglish

Best regards,