Re: Anyone interested in keeping pessulus alive?

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 14:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pessulus was a configuration lockdown editor for GNOME 2. It never got
> ported to GNOME 3, as it more or less involves a complete rewrite (move
> to introspection-based bindings and move to GSettings) and nobody found
> the motivation to do so.

Hm, but we haven't removed pygtk and GConf (as far as I know).  So the
issue is more that it doesn't know how to lock down GNOME 3?  Or are
we missing equivalent keys?

Or are we just saying it should be archived because it uses deprecated
functionality?  Or some mix of this?

I guess the question is - is it really totally worthless right now?