Re: Feature Proposal: finding and rediscovering shared links

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Seif Lotfy <seif lotfy com> wrote:
> I created a new wiki page for this. Hylke and Garrett have been helping out
> on the idea and the design.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointFive/Features/FindingAndRediscoveringSharedLinks

I'm confused. Your original proposal for this feature was to add
functionality to Web or Contacts. Now you are talking about a new
application. What exactly are you proposing?

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/

I would like to have the feature there in any way standalone or integrated.
Hylke thought it would make sense to have it as a standalone application, so he approached the designs as a standalone. I am ok with both.

Can you elaborate why a standalone application might not be a good idea? (not that you claimed it, but I am just assuming here). What is required to consider is whether to have this integrated or stand-alone? There might be good reasons for both.

I currently don't see this feature integrated into contacts or chat honestly. If it is to be integrated in an application then it should be Web. My reasoning behind this is that one uses "Web" to browse websites. And the queue feature is already planned and approved by the design team. So having something to populate the queue makes more sense since it is a central place to look for links. Instead of going to contacts or to chat to look for links.

Cheers
Seif