Re: Introducing Photos

> The point is that we already use Tracker in GNOME (Documents and Boxes
> depend on it) and I don't see any reason for existing apps to stop
> using it and while we could compromise on some code-duplication, its
> certainly a big issue if there is two entities harvesting metadata
> from tons of photos on every GNOME installation.

<offtopic??>

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought GNOME only depended on
tracker-store and not the indexer?

If GNOME now depends on the indexer, that is incredibly good news.
Perhaps this cycle we might get useful search in GNOME; in nautilus
and the shell at least....

I have been using tracker happily for years to manage large
collections of papers and documents and could not live without it.

John

</offtopic??>