Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration

Well this is how ibus is done, as u can see, ugly.

but i should say  users would never see this long long menu, because this menu provides 13 kinds of input methods for users, where normal users use less than 3 input methods, this screenshot is just to show ibus can provide so many IMs....

I know u guys maybe have never really experienced what input method is, so i uploaded a video demo on youtube : http://youtu.be/fWEk5JkAr1g , there is no dark magic.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

On 12 May 2012 22:39, Justin Wong <justin w xd gmail com> wrote:
> 5. there has been solutions to integrate IM frameworks with gnome
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/261/kimpanel/
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/68/input-method-status-indicator/
>
> in which kimpanel extension can work with both ibus and fcitx. there is no
> dark magic.

I can only call a menu like this:

https://extensions.gnome.org/static/extension-data/screenshots/screenshot_68.png

as being full of dark magic. as well as looking like something
exploded in a menu items factory. is this *really* necessary, or is it
just giving the illusion of choice and subjecting users to impossible
levels of stress just because picking a choice *may* left some use
case out (and this is not engineering-friendly)?

I have a hard time believing that anyone case use a UI like this in
any productive way.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--