Re: Some points about IM integration

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:

> Is it possible you can enumerate all those special needs and why are
> compulsory?
>
> Just stating the options are important does not help to understand why,
> neither gives the opportunity to think or determine which approach would
> fit better.

Well, since we already agreed on option complex but necessary is
required, we need not to continue on this question.

But if you want I could explain it. (Note that both fcitx and ibus
have such option, so it's not about functionality but about UI.)

Pinyin is an input method based on Pronunciation of Chinese character.
But Chinese people have quite different accent in different place, so
they might not be able to distinguish some pronunciation, for example
"si" or "shi". So they are option to let input method think si and shi
is the same string to lookup. Number of similar options is nearly 20,
I think we could think this as "Complex". For the number of people who
need it, it is much lesser than people who don't need it. But we
cannot remove them since it's necessary for those people.