Re: Some points about IM integration

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Weng Xuetian <wengxt gmail com> wrote:
> I don't like your argue even your are arguing for fcitx actually.
> No matter for IBus, fcitx, gcin, or hime, or scim which is
> unmaintained now, or maliit which is developed target for on-screen
> keyboard, they are want to provide better experience.
> The most important reason for those project not merging together is
> kinds of different Philosophy and different view on same problem.
> But the target for those project are all for providing better
> experience for typing or input under Linux. We respect each other, and
> actually learn from each other. This is very common in open source
> even real world. Sometimes people become angry and could not calm, or
> make some criticism, is that they find something far away from their
> target. But that can be solved with proper communication.
> So there was some misunderstanding, but it was past.
I respect all the projects.
But I insist that having different frameworks confuse users.
Partially because I was confused.
I doubt whether such philosophy difference must be reflected in the
framework level.
For example, people say gcin/hime rocks in cangjie/quick.
But I'm studying whether the final UX difference is mainly because of
the difference in table data?
Or fcitx and ibus's table engines just miss some substitution features?
https://github.com/caleb-/hime/tree/master/filter
That's why I actively support integration previously.

> Actually I'm discussing with people who are working on ibus
> integration, and even for integration on ibus I can find something may
> be not right and I'd like to provide my help on it.
I respect you very much on this.
Your attitude is very different from that of a Unity bug :)
But I have to point out possible challenges.
Please correct me for any fact mistakes!