Re: Redesign Gnote as Notes?

Hi,

> > I like the idea of Notes in general:
> > https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Notes
> >
> > I think we could transform Gnote into Notes. I made some initial
> > proof-of-concept, you can see results here:
> > http://aurisc4.blogspot.com/2012/05/notes-demo.html
> >
> > This is of course only an initial work, but I'm willing to continue it.
> > Any comments/ideas?
>
> I have already mentioned this before but the Tomboy developers have
> started the process of transforming Tomboy into the Notes application.
> Jared Jennings has already previously started work on a presentation
> screen that will easily transformed into parts of the Notes design,
> additionally we have a big hackfest coming up next month where lots of
> this work is going to be performed. Likewise Tomboy will be redesigned
> to have a proper library for Note access which will allow Tomboy to
> present multiple frontends so fit natively on multiple platforms. I
> believe Allan Day has scheduled some time to talk to the relevant
> Tomboy developers about how to best execute the Notes design.

This simply means, that both Gnote and Tomboy go in a similar direction.
Either can become Notes, the other will be an alternative with it's own
advantages.

> I figure that might have baring on any decision to invest work in GNotes.

Not on mine, I'll continue to develop Gnote as I did. And I didn't
expect, that peoples interest in Tomboy or Gnote will change. I think
good ideas will find their way into both applications.

--
Aurimas