Re: Finding and debugging the battery "applet" in GNOME 3.4 fallback mode

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> Looks like the plugin has a log domain of "power-plugin", so you'll need to set:
>
> G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=power-plugin

I tried exporting G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=power-plugin and also
G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all  -- right now doing

  export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
  gnome-session -- debug 2>~/.desktop.errlog >~/.desktop.log

which gets me good debugging info from gnome itself, but g-s-d output
only shows warnings.

Richard suggested -- in private email -- to run g-s-d --debug, but I'm
gnome-session restarts it on its own. I'm on a test OS build, and I
don't currently have a g-s-d build environment...

(According to the interwebs, it used to be possible to "killall
gnome-settings-daemon ; gnome-settings-daemon --nodaemon --debug". It
doesn't work now.)

I'm going to give a shot to wrapping g-s-m in a shell script, but I
don't think it'll work.

cheers,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions