Re: Gnome platform overview

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 12:05:02 +0100, Alexander Larsson
<alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On tis, 2012-11-06 at 14:52 +0100, Pierre-Yves Luyten wrote:
>> Hi, not sure writing to the right list, however:
>>
>> I was quickly looking at "gnome platform overview" on
>> http://developer.gnome.org/
>> or dedicated http://developer.gnome.org/platform-overview/stable/
>> or http://developer.gnome.org/platform-overview/unstable/
>>

>> No "gnome-online-account", "zapojit", "libgdata" appear.
>> I thought that I would find these in platform overview since they are
>> both part of the core gnome user experience and documented API.
>
> The gnome "platform" is things we support for third party use. I'm not
> sure the modules you list are in that category. At the very least
> zapojit and libgdata are more like internal desktop implementation
> libraries. Not sure about goa.

Sure, I thought about app on earth was to use the goa token and access
online accounts, but these answers make sense.

I did not know about the debate "is it gnome core overview" or "gnome
for third parties overview". I guess a huge page pointing to everything
gnome core uses, including external libs or small widgets collections,
could be useful for brand new contributors, but seems another topic, and
wiki + blogs are already a very nice starting point.

Pierre-Yves