Re: Dropping fallback mode in 3.8

hi;

On 22 November 2012 14:04, Simon McVittie
<simon mcvittie collabora co uk> wrote:

> Shell performance is not our only problem with modern GNOME and
> non-llvmpipe software rendering: there have been reports that
> applications using Clutter (e.g. Empathy with libchamplain) just don't
> start. (<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619636>)

those are usually missing extensions and/or old versions of GLX
support in the swrast code paths in Mesa. Clutter (and Cogl) already
have feature negotiation through the GL API

admittedly, the non-llvmpipe rasterizer hasn't seen as much work as
the llvmpipe-based one, so I guess it's a matter of resources required
to be allocated towards fixing the old swrast code path.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name