Re: Concerning Keyboard Status Menu

> No, you are making things even worse.
> [...]
> (They are
> likely to try so because current engines are virtually all inferior to
> those found in closed-source system)
> BTW, on Redmond OS or Mac OS X, if you Google/Baidu for input methods,
> most of them would just work.

So why not fix and improve the current engines?

> Many engines just working well in 1.4 environment.
> It's IBus 1.4.99's API change and GNOMEism white list that break them.
> I feel that you get cause and effect wrong.

But then you just said that the current engines are all inferior to
the ones found in Windows and Mac OSX.

> No, input methods have flavors. Redmond OS users, OS X users don't
> have a consensus of which input method is best. But who cares? They
> are more happy in respect to Chinese inputting.

I care. GNOME cares.

Why are Windows and Mac OSX users more happy with respect to Chinese
inputting? Honest question.

> I do have the confident to find out at least 100 input methods for
> Windows, if you want to see it.

How are those 100 input methods presented to the user in Windows?
Screenshots?

> No, they aren't.
> You shouldn't make such claim before you can type a paragraph
> independently from
> http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnome

Let me put it this way. Chinese may well be a fascinating language but
it is not the only one which requires complex input methods or
rendering.  Lets not get into this "you don't know my language"
argument.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
There are two hard problems in computer science: cache invalidation, naming
things and off-by-one errors.