Re: Questions (about CJK input) on GNOME 3.6 live image

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> I've pushed a new iso to fix this:

I tried the new image.

First issue is not totally resolved. I saw Pinyin, Bopomofo and
Chewing now. They are phone-based Chinese input methods. You should
also at least include three most popular stroke-based Chinese input
methods Cangjie, Quick, Wubi. For the first two, you may refer to:
http://bochecha.fedorapeople.org/chinese_ims/

Second issue magically disappeared for Anthy. But it happens for the
Chinese input methods now. Some meta-data of ibus-pinyin is added
recently.
https://github.com/ibus/ibus-pinyin/commit/a8f1c432491eb5cd125a3b4babf86f5a70a71740
I'm not sure whether GNOME is respecting such meta-data, though.
Chewing's issue belongs to itself. ibus-chewing, esoterically, doesn't
have a separate executable for its setup UI. I've mailed the upstream
author.

I cannot see any change regarding the fifth issue. I can still run the
"Input Method Selector" in the applications and get confused by
clicking IBus there (some obscure error messages would pop up) .