Re: Requiring systemd for the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin

El mié, 24-10-2012 a las 16:39 +0200, Bastien Nocera escribió:
> GNOME's way seems to be to postpone the hard decisions 6-month down the
> line. I've already had those same problems when I wanted to remove the
> date and time helper in January, even though we discussed having systemd
> as an external dependency in May the year before.

Perhaps this discussions could come with a "window" of at least a week
or so of comments. Even if it is just catharsis, informally waiting a
week could be a great tension reliever.

Consider that so far the consensus is that systemd is the right thing to
do, the devil is in the details of how, and how fast, we are going there
without distressing fewllow contributors.

Diego