Re: Recommended office suite?

On 4 September 2012 14:44, Hubert Figuière <hub figuiere net> wrote:
> AbiWord isn't developed within the Gnome infrastructure, therefore the
> fact it is not being discussed on Gnome mailing or others isn't an
> indication of it being abandoned - nor is the lack of update of the VERY
> BUGGY development snapshot that Ubuntu dare to ship.

The repeated criticism from Abiword developers towards Ubuntu for
daring to ship the software you released is getting pretty annoying.
Your stable release, 2.8.6 has known bugs, is over two years old, and
is not really supported. At least with the current development
version, we have a reasonable chance of getting bugs fixed. Ubuntu is
not the only one to package Abiword 2.9.* either. Please continue
releasing bugfix updates and every one will win.

Jeremy