Re: Tools for Sharing Tasks

I just checked what Snowy is... sounds useful, but the Gnome Live page
hasn't been touched for long time and the FAQ says it's not stable yet
and not safe to trust.

I agree git is not meant for sharing, but here's the idea I have in
mind:

Task sharing is not simple file sharing, so I can't let users share the
task files manually. The task management application uses git behind the
scenes, just like SparkleShare uses git for file sharing. There
shouldn't be any conflicts because program logic takes care of sharing,
sync, giving tasks to employees, getting "task done" signals from them,
receiving tasks from supervisor, etc. No need to use git directly. If
there's a conflict, it means a bug. A problem in program logic.

The advantage is that sharing tasks becomes extremely easy. Getting your
own local repo and a remote repo for task sharing is extremely easy and
accessible. Once you set the application to use a given repo, you don't
need to touch git.

XMPP has the advantage you can see people's avatars and use Jabber to
instant-message the people you work with, but this can be made to work
as an addition, in parallel to git.

Backup and version management and very important in projects, so using
git also allows very easy backup and control of versions and project
status.

And finally, using git makes changes to the application backend very
easy. git allows me to play with file sharing and sync features and
change the implementation, without affecting the user or resetting the
user's task database or making the user create new
repos/accounts/folders.

- Anatoly