Re: New GnomeGoal proposal: InstalledTests

Hey Colin,

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 10:21 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
See:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/InstalledTests

I'm in the process of transitioning to that page from
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DXgGEKTbC4ed1DFW3Mu-48TpHtq-xdfhDtwoUOWWcHg/edit

Comments appreciated; I have prototype branches of gnome-ostree,
gnome-desktop-testing, and gjs that implement this, but it's all subject
to change.

What are the requirements in terms of what tests are allowed to do? I'm
guessing they shouldn't touch the running environment, create files in
the user's home directory, etc. Are we allowed to access the network for
example?

Do we have (makefile) infrastructure to allow GTests to run both
uninstalled (during make *check) and installed? Can we access the
network?

Cheers