Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On Thu, August 15, 2013 9:47 am, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

 Is it because GNOME's mirrors
are called "official", and that you feel that having a presence on any
proprietary infrastructure feels detrimental to GNOME's philosophy and
mission?

I won't comment too much since as Kat says, this will be discussed by the
board, but I do feel this way. Saying that it's "official" implies that
the GNOME Foundation recommends it. I think that having official
endorsements of proprietary software is detrimental to our mission to
support software freedom.

karen