Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On ה', 2013-08-15 at 15:41 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 16:13 +0300, fr33domlover wrote:
You're free to use github mirrors, it's your right to do so. But I have
the right not to cooperate with this. All Gnome maintainers have this
right.

[Citation Needed].

Easy workaround: Just ignore the fact that there is a mirror. Problem
solved, all happy. You don't need to "corporate".

It's like a government saying "we're starting a war oversees, but you
can just ignore it and continue with your life".

I can't ignore it. There is not workaround for software freedom.

And a big thanks to Alberto who spend his time to make GNOME's codebase
available to more people by adding another distribution channel to it.

You mean, "to make GNOME's codebase available to more people who don't
mind using GitHub by adding another proprietary centralized distribution
channel to it."

Cheers,
andre