Re: App menu Help/About consistency

Jim Nelson <jim yorba org> wrote:
We've done this many times at Yorba, asking ourselves "What does gedit do in
that case?" or "What does Nautilus do?"  It doesn't mean those are the final
word on our design, but they suggest to us how the GNOME designers think an
app should be modeled.  We want to be good GNOME desktop citizens, and core
and blessed apps are guides toward that end.

I think you've got a good point here about the core apps serving as
templates for 3rd parties. Indeed, following the lead of the core apps
is something that I've recommended in the HIG.

Allan