Re: Is gnome fully compliant with freedesktop sepc? Any know issues?

>  in general, if you want to set environmental variables, you should env command.

I am not to set environment variable, but to use environment variable
in desktop entry file. Or did you mean you can set up env command in
desktop entry file?

> Can you show full Exec line you used?

I have following variable in desktop entry file, it works in KDE and
Thunar, but failed in Nautilus.

Path=$HOME

The error was "Failed to change directory $HOME (No such file or directory).

I have seen some examples to use $HOME in desktop entry file such as
following link. Was I wrong that $HOME can never be used in desktop
entry file?

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0