Re: Application menus

On Sun, 2013-07-07 at 14:10 +0200, bugs wrote:

Or did I miss the obvious solution?

Well, there's always the revolutionary idea of putting the application's
menu somewhere near the application, rather than two feet away at the
opposite corner of the screen.

But if hiding it somewhere a long way away from the app is actually
considered to be a *good* thing¹, then why would we *not* want to put it
on a different screen? Surely that would be even *more* fun for the user
to find, so it's even *better* than the original "menu elsewhere"
implementation on a single screen was?

--
dwmw2

¹ I didn't follow the logic here, but maybe we decided that users were
  using menus too much so we wanted to make them harder to use, in
  order to encourage different workflows which were actually *within*
  the application?