Re: Application menus

On Mon, 2013-07-08 at 12:53 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

I really hope we can agree on and enforce a solution that provides
consistency between apps that retain traditional menubars. Maybe it'd be
easier to agree on duplicating the items than moving them.

That would certainly alleviate my major concern, which is that the
affected menu options are now two feet *away* from the application in
some cases. Even if the user discovers them there, it's still a
distinctly suboptimal workflow.

To move the mouse that far, I have to move it from one corner of the
clear area of desk which serves as its 'mat' to the opposite corner,
then pick it up and place it back where it started... about four times.
That is not a useful "in-application" workflow.

Having the "menu elsewhere" items actually available *in* the
application's window too would be a dramatic improvement.

--
dwmw2