Re: Blocker bug review for 3.8

What's the specific freeze break? Dropping the simple-greeter from gdm? Dropping gnome-panel, etc. from the official module set? We're not in hard code freeze yet, and neither of these are UI freeze breaks, as far as I understood it.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
On 5 March 2013 10:46, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> If you want to keep fallback mode alive, I suggest getting engaged in
> building that right place - this bug has been on the 3.8 blocker list
> since before Xmas, so it is not exactly news that we were going to do
> this...

You can't break the Freeze just because you told people you were
planning to do something months ago. There is a Freeze Break procedure
and it should be followed if this change needs to be done now.

> Out of interest, who is in that team, apart from you ? So far, I've
> only associated your name with 'Ubuntu GNOME'....

Currently the other developers are Rico Tzschichholz (ricotz) and Tim
Lunn (darkxst). Several GNOME packages are co-maintained with the
Ubuntu Desktop Team though. More volunteers are welcome since like
many open source projects, we are undermanned.

Jeremy