the release is out

Congratulations, everybody

We've managed another release without schedule delays; there was some
great last-minute debugging and bug-fixing effort on the part of
several people. Thanks for that.

Of course, we didn't fix _all_ the bugs that were found, and a number
of patches were deemed better off after the release. Which is now !
The 3.8.1 release is scheduled for April 15, two short weeks away.

Here is a list of bugs that we've earmarked for 3.8.x in the run-up to
the release:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr;query_format=advanced;status_whiteboard=3.8;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO

 While we want to keep strings and UI stable on the 3.x branches, the
hard code feeze is lifted now. So, when you come back from the release
party, have a look at those bugs and patches...

Matthias