Re: Combined system status updates

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 12:02 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

Me, Jon and Jakub have reviewed the combined system status designs in
the attempt to address the feedback that we've got. A fresh round of
wireframes are now on the wiki [1]. I think that they resolve the most
serious issues that have been raised.

It looks very nice.

I'm confused as to why the "Power Off" icon is not present on laptops.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have for both laptops and desktops (when
not locked)?

I'd love to have an "Install Updates" option offer a choice between
restart and power off (exactly like the current Power Off menu item),
since I most often want to install updates when I'm completely done
using my computer and leave it powered off. i.e. there would be an
"Install Updates" option under the Power Off button that offers a choice
of "Cancel", "Update & Restart", and "Update & Power Off", and there
would be no "Install Updates and Restart" option.

Regarding the Chat button, I'd prefer it to remember my previous chat
status (which is what it currently does). I usually always want chat on
and I don't want to have to manually turn it on each time I log in.