Re: 3.12 features: better integration with Facebook and Windows Live

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 01:46:27PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 12:22 +0000, Debarshi Ray wrote:

- https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features/WindowLiveMail

In short, you would be able to ... use your Windows Live (outlook.com,
live.com, hotmail.com) email from Evolution.

Shouldn't we be using EWS for at least some of those, rather than
IMAP+SMTP?

If you look at
http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2013/09/12/outlook-com-now-with-imap.aspx
(which is linked from the feature page), then the other alternative is
EAS or Exchange ActiveSync [1] not EWS.

Whether we will use IMAP/SMTP or ActiveSync is something that I will leave
to the Evolution folks.

Cheers,
Debarshi

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_ActiveSync

--
Wearing non-prescription glasses and embracing obscurity doesn't
necessarily make you a hipster.  -- Anonymous