Re: 3.12 feature: polari

On 11 October 2013 10:21, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
> Why stop at IRC? Given that the engine is Telepathy, we could use it
> for named rooms on any protocol, like XMPP MUCs for instance. Is there
> some limitation somewhere that makes it only suitable for IRC?

So this would be a replacement for Empathy? Given my recent experience
of trying to get users to use GNOME3+Empathy (before giving up and using
pidgin), that probably wouldn't be a bad thing...

Or be a better alternative to Empathy for rooms, leaving Empathy (or eventually, Contacts + Shell, I guess) for IM.

Ross