Re: Middle click, "dumbing down" Slashdotted

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Ionut Biru <ionut archlinux ro> wrote:

Hello Allan,

I'm asking you from the position of being a linux user that had used
middle click for years, 10 or more.

How often do you use this functionality in your daily use of gnome?
please answer honestly and I want a straight answer, don't give me a
marketing  answer.

I'm hardly a marketing guy and I've used this feature for as long as
I've used Linux IIRC (~13 years). However, me being extremely habitual
of a feature and it being there for decades does not imply its a good
feature that must be retained as is. The way it currently works is
very confusing. Despite the fact that I take it for granted, I keep
pasting the wrong buffer.

The proposed designed is broken from start.

That might be so but that is true for the feature its replacing as
well and if we try to address the problem, we are likely to arrive at
a good solution at the end (Remember that is not set in stone or
anything).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)