Re: Unreviewed patches - is the boat sinking?

On Sun, 2014-04-13 at 13:54 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

How do we solve this?

Let's start with an actual set of metrics that is accurate.  If there
is an issue and certainly if you care about it, we have a team called
the bug squad who can look into it.  We solve these problems by
getting volunteers to help manage the bug queue and bug maintainers.
This problem is not unique and is in fact a problem in any Free
Software project.

There's merit in his complaint. A lot of patches really do seem to be
ignored. This is more of a problem for some components (typically the
bigger ones) than for others.

Probably, module maintainers should receive email notifications of
unreviewed patches.