Re: Underlying DE for the Fedora Workstation product

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 16:00 -0500, Mike wrote:
[...]
I don't know how does the testing goes inside RedHat, but I found GNOME 3
still needs to be tested far more than now before each release. Example
above indicates that the testing process does not even consider about
existence of input context at all.

Wait a minute. GNOME is developed by a bunch of people, volunteers and
from different affiliations. Some of them are Red Hat employees to work
full time on GNOME, everybody appreciate that.  But that is not a reason
to dismiss the effort of many volunteers who work on GNOME in their
spare time.

It is known in GNOME that we lack of testers, people who take the time
to build and test the whole desktop *before* it is released. That was
also true in the GNOME 2 era.  Something that should start changing with
gnome-ostree (you should take a look at that!).

You would be very welcome to test GNOME and file descriptive bugs that
allow to improve the quality of a GNOME release.

Actually, we are spinning up a GNOME QA team.  It's been a slow start,
but we are hoping that we can start work on doing the right testing
and also get help from teh community at large to help.

sri