Re: Suggestions for an official GNOME hosted document collaboration suite?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Alex GS <alxgrtnstrngl gmail com> wrote:
Hello all,

For better or for worse I've been using Google Documents for collaborative
document editing but I would like to use something open-source. I'm thinking
something like OwnCloud with ODT editing or perhaps something else that
could be hosted by GNOME directly. I want to avoid all cloud hosted
services.

Some requirements:

Hosted directly by GNOME or on a server provided by a GNOME sponsor.
Edit ODT documents or export to ODT, PDF and HTML.
Can integrate with the Wiki or export documents in the Wiki format.
Can set viewing and editing permissions and have separate folders.
Provides for comments, revision history and accept/reject changes.

GNOME has a owncloud service.  You can use that.  (well, it might
require bieng part of the foundation, but I might re-visit that
decision)  Even better, it is using our own dog food so we should
always use whatever we support rather than Google.

sri