Re: PSA: Accessibility in a menubar-less design

On 02/25/2014 08:57 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

I think 'Menu' is about right as accessible name for the gear menu ?
After all, it is 'the menu'.

Symbolic icons communicate meaning visually. I think this meaning gets
lost when you replace the gear that is shown to sighted users with
'Menu'. 'Menu' is the role of the widget which will appear if you decide
to activate the button with the gear on it. What's in that menu? Why
should I activate that button?

But ignoring accessibility issues for a moment, the Documentation Team
needs to document app functionality. What phrase should they use when
describing the steps to be taken to highlight misspelled words within
the current document in Gedit 3.12?

--joanie